We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our infrastructure team.
The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of 4 within the business, focus-sing on the successful delivery of infrastructure projects and providing support and maintenance services to clients.
Full-time & permanent
09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
Negotiable, dependant on experience
Salisbury, Bristol or Southampton office, some home working
What will you be doing?
The role will involve working with clients and internal teams to design, build, support and maintain infrastructure and application hosted on that infrastructure. This may in-volve working within highly regulated industries such as banking, insurance and phar-maceutical industries on a range of potentially unfamiliar tools technologies to which you will be expected to adapt.
All of our work is tightly budget controlled and time-limited to the ability to work efficiently and to a high standard while under pressure is essential. Strong communication skills are also vital in order to maintain and foster relationships with new and existing clients.
Blue Frontier is highly client focussed with a specific focus on long-term relationship building, and so as well as managing projects you will be required to account manage for some of our retained clients, keeping up regular communications and being proactive in support.
Who are we?
Blue Frontier is an award-winning managed service provider with offices in Salisbury, Bristol and Southampton. We work in a creative and collaborative environment, where you will find an open-plan office, the opportunity for development and a flexible and friendly atmosphere. Our teams work on exciting projects, with a wide range of clients and we are always at the forefront of new ideas and technologies.
Our infrastructure team is the first port of call when it comes to providing cloud infrastructure consultancy, architecture, and engineering services to prospective clients, including gathering requirements and providing a comprehensive proposal on how we can help your business.
- To competently manage all assigned project and support work taking into ac-count task and project budgets
- To record your time taken on projects against those projects.
- To be accountable for quality and timeliness of work undertaken.
- To proactively ensure that work you conduct meets the highest possible standards.
- To manage customer relationships and interactions effectively and sensitively.
- To create documentation as required for projects.
- To work adaptably and collaboratively with customers and other internal teams.
Skills & essential criteria required
- Demonstrable experience in an AWS Architecture role
- AWS Architect Associate
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Demonstrable Linux System Administration experience (command line)
- Demonstrable networking experience (routing, switching, VPN’s and firewalls)
- Experience of using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform etc) to create, deploy and manage cloud infrastructure
- Strong Linux command line system administration
- AWS Architecture, design and implementation
- Networking; subnetting, vLAN’s, routing, ACL’s, troubleshooting and administration
- Firewall administration, setup, configuration, troubleshooting and administration
- VPN administration, setup, configuration, troubleshooting and administration
- Exceptional attention to detail, complemented by a pragmatic and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Willing and able to record and account for your time during working hours
- To work within cross functional teams to build and document requirements for clients, including functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and costs estimates
- Willing to take part in an on-call rota outside of normal business hours (paid in addition to salary for being on call on a 1 hour response time, and paid further for any time spent working at an overtime rate – a rare occurrence)
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness to travel (day trips) within the UK, occasionally, for client or internal meetings
- Demonstrable experience in an Azure Architecture role
- Experience of working with Ansible
- Windows server system administration
- Azure Architecture, design and implementation
Equality & diversity
Blue Frontier are committed to ensure that everybody has an equal opportunity and is not treated differently or discriminated against because of their characteristics. You will understand the differences between people, groups of people and place a positive value on those differences, ensuring that everyone has an equal chance and opportunity.