We are looking for a strong application developer with the ability to create native Android and iOS applications, combining great communication skills to join our talented development team.
We are looking for a great all-rounder, ideally with 3 or more years commercial experience of developing applications natively, good eye for detail, and the ability to create apps based on approved designs.
As well as working within our current development team, you will also be required to self-manage, ensuring that you are comfortable organising workloads, documenting your work, and directly working with multiple clients.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, passionate and committed app developer to be a part of a fun, dynamic and rapidly expanding team.
Full-time & permanent
09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
(Excluding bank and public holidays!)
Negotiable based on experience and capability
Salisbury or Southampton office
(Temporary remote working during COVID-19)
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will possess a mixed skill-set; not only being able to integrate well in a team, but also able to work alone and handle (except where there is an involved development requirement) a single small-medium sized project on your own.
Your role will include troubleshooting client applications, requirement gathering for system enhancements, finding solutions and building applications for sign-off.
You will ideally have a proven history of working with native mobile technologies as well as developing and maintaining bespoke functionality. Front-end design skills would be an advantage.
You will be customer facing, providing support and maintenance services to existing applications as well as working on new projects. Strong customer skills are essential - including the ability to explain your ideas and feedback to customers with varying levels of technical knowledge. Being involved in internal and client projects, you will also have excellent time management and organisation skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
We place emphasis on finding the right candidate with the necessary communications skills as well as the technical background to enable them to deliver what the customer needs.
Who are we?
Blue Frontier is an award-winning digital marketing agency with offices in Salisbury and Southampton. We work in a colourful and collaborative environment, where you will find an open-plan office, the opportunity for development and a flexible and friendly atmosphere.
Our teams work on exciting projects, with a wide range of clients and we are always at the forefront of new ideas and technologies.
- Maintaining applications, keeping them up to date inline with the latest updates
- Resolve issues with client applications as and when reported
- Propose solutions to solve client problems
- Build applications using native languages
- Collaborate with the design, development, digital and test teams to maintain high quality websites
- Manage client relationships, with strong communication in regard to project briefs, ideas and feedback
- Provide additional resource to the development teams on projects where your skill-set matches that of the project
Skills & essential criteria required
- Experience with Swift/xCode, Java/Android Studio
- A self-starter who is capable of supporting existing code bases produced by developers of all levels
- Ability to resolve issues on platforms on which you have had no previous exposure
- Experience working in a customer-facing role, with proven ability in maintaining a good client relationship, building trust through demonstrated competence and results
- Can work unsupervised, keeping client expectations and budgets in mind at all times
- A solid understanding of building and maintaining applications in their native languages
- Ability to self-test work for accuracy and quality
- An understanding of PHP frameworks
- An understanding of MySQL
- Experience building websites in content management systems, such as Joomla, WordPress
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of maintaining systems with potentially sensitive user data
- Full UK driving license