We are looking for a candidate with strong problem solving and PHP development skills to join our talented web team.
We need a great all-rounder ideally with 3 or more years commercial experience of developing in open source content management system based websites, including but not limited to either Joomla or WordPress.
As well as working within the team, there is also a requirement for self-management making it essential that you are comfortable organising workloads, documenting your work, and directly working with the client.
You will be customer facing, providing support and maintenance services to website owners as well as working on new projects. Strong customer skills are also essential - including the ability to explain your ideas and feedback to customers with varying levels of technical knowledge. Being involved in internal and client projects, you will also have excellent time management and organisation skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, passionate and committed web developer to be a part of a fun, dynamic and rapidly expanding team.
Full-time & permanent
09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
(Excluding bank and public holidays!)
Negotiable based on experience and capability
Salisbury or Southampton office
(Temporary remote working during COVID-19)
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will have the mixed skill-set of not only being able to integrate well in a team, but also able to work alone and handle (except where there is an involved development requirement) a single small-medium sized project on your own.
Your role will include troubleshooting client websites, requirement gathering for system enhancements, through to solution build and sign-off.
You will ideally have a proven history of working with content management systems as well as developing and maintaining bespoke website functionality. Front end development skills would be an advantage but are not essential providing you are keen to learn.
We place emphasis on finding the right candidate with the necessary communications skills as well as the technical background to enable them to deliver what the customer needs.
Who are we?
Blue Frontier is an award-winning digital marketing agency with offices in Salisbury and Southampton. We work in a colourful and collaborative environment, where you will find an open-plan office, the opportunity for development and a flexible and friendly atmosphere.
Our teams work on exciting projects, with a wide range of clients and we are always at the forefront of new ideas and technologies.
- Maintaining content management systems keeping them up to date in line with latest releases
- Resolve issues with client websites as and when reported
- Propose solutions to solve client problems
- Build websites using valid up to date CSS/HTML using WordPress or Joomla
- Collaborate with the design, development, digital and test teams to maintain high quality websites
- Manage client relationships, with strong communication in regard to project briefs, ideas and feedback
- Provide additional resource to the PHP development teams on projects where your skillset matches that of the project
Skills & essential criteria required
- A self-starter who is capable of supporting existing code bases produced by developers of all levels
- Ability to resolve issues on platforms on which you have had no previous exposure
- Experience working in a customer-facing role, with proven ability in maintaining a good client relationship, building trust through demonstrated competence and results
- Experience building websites in content management systems
- Self-motivated, with great planning and time-management skills
- Ability to self-test work for accuracy and quality
- An understanding of PHP frameworks
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience building websites in content management systems, such as Joomla, WordPress
- Experience of maintaining systems with potentially sensitive user data
- Full UK driving license