An SME Support Team Senior Engineer is expected to demonstrate a high level of technical competence across a wide range of technologies. Perhaps more importantly, this role demands that the individual can quickly establish the best and most efficient route to resolving a problem for a client from a desktop application issue through to a networking or server / infrastructure problem.
Building relationships and working collaboratively with clients and other business teams is of critical importance as well as the ability to act as a point of technical escalation for more junior team members. Good communication skills are essential as is a strong commercial awareness of the time-cost-quality equation balanced against the absolute need to maintain strong relationships with clients. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to progress in a rapidly expanding company.
Technical Support Team
Negotiable dependent on experience.
09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday, excluding bank and public holidays
- Multi-tasking to provide technical support and assistance to (potentially) multiple clients remotely, on the phone, and onsite where appropriate.
- Handling a variety of support enquiries from 1st to 3rd line and a variety of tasks from PC deployments to server and infrastructure project work.
- Managing your own time, by way of recording all chargeable and non-chargeable activities in the time recording and ticketing systems near-contemporaneously.
- Dealing with all clients in a friendly, approachable and competent manner, ensuring that clients have absolute confidence in the successful candidate’s capabilities.
- Representing and protecting the reputation of Blue Frontier to the best of their ability.
- Ensuring that clients receive the best possible service in terms of both communication and technical delivery.
- Working with the rest of the support team and other Blue Frontier teams to provide clients with the most expeditious solutions to technical problems.
- Removing technical impediments for clients, and internally, quickly and efficiently in ad-hoc and project work.
- Providing advice and guidance to more junior team members where appropriate.
- Escalating more technical and service-related problems and concerns to the Team Manager.
- Escalating larger projects / architectural requirements appropriately.
- Microsoft server and desktop platform support, maintenance, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable vendor-specific skills and experience.
- Network support, maintenance, deployment and troubleshooting (CCNA or equivalent desirable).
- VMWare and Hyper-V support, maintenance, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Ability to troubleshoot DNS issues, Email delivery issues, and WAN / LAN connectivity.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies, software packages, proprietary platforms in order to support clients and provide cutting-edge services to clients.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Interpersonal intelligence and customer service focus.
- Willingness to rapidly get to grips with novel and leading-edge technologies.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Conscientious commitment to delivering quality service.
- Attention to detail, without a ponderous or excessively cautious approach.
- Adaptability in dynamic and challenging environments.
- Willingness to demonstrate your commitment to clients when it counts.
- Resilience and fortitude.
- A passion for technology.
- A full driving licence.
- Own vehicle required though company pool vehicle will be available for use.