We are looking for a candidate with strong web design and front-end development skills to join our talented web team.
We need a great all-rounder with at least 3 years commercial experience of producing websites that not only look great - but have been built with quality user experience and search engine optimisation in mind.
You will be involved in various internal and client projects, so you will have excellent time management and organisation and communication skills. Strong customer skills are also essential - including the ability to explain your ideas and feedback to a client where required.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, passionate and committed web designer to be a part of a fun and dynamic team.
Full-time & permanent
09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
(Excluding bank and public holidays!)
Negotiable based on experience and capability
Salisbury, Bristol or Southampton office
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will have the mixed skill-set of not only being able to integrate well in a team, but also able to work alone and handle (except where there is an involved development requirement) a single small-medium sized project on your own. Your role will include requirement gathering and quoting, wireframes and design, through to website build and sign-off.
You will ideally have strong capabilities in responsive web design using Adobe XD or similar paired with the ability to critique clients existing or proposed solutions and offer ideas based on their project needs.
As well as up to date HTML & CSS skills, the ideal candidate will have experience in working with current content management systems. We currently use Joomla and WordPress for a lot of our CMS work, and whilst experience in these systems is not essential it is desirable.
We place emphasis on finding the right candidate with the necessary core design and front end development skills.
Who are we?
Blue Frontier is an award-winning digital marketing agency with offices in Salisbury and Southampton. We work in a colourful and collaborative environment, where you will find an open-plan office, the opportunity for development and a flexible and friendly atmosphere.
Our teams work on exciting projects, with a wide range of clients and we are always at the forefront of new ideas and technologies.
- Create wireframes, web designs and prototypes based on client project requirements
- Propose solutions to solve client problems
- Build websites using valid up to date CSS/HTML using WordPress or Joomla
- Collaborate with the design, development, digital and test teams to deliver high quality websites
- Manage client relationships, with strong communication in regards to project briefs, ideas and feedback
Skills & essential criteria required
- Capable of producing highly creative web design output using Adobe Suite or similar
- Ability to critique clients existing or proposed solutions and offer ideas based on their project needs
- Up-to-date CSS and HTML skills (not just with a WYSIWYG such as Dreamweaver)
- Experience building websites in Content Management Systems
- Self-motivated, with great planning and time-management skills
- Ability to self-test work for accuracy and quality
- Good knowledge of jQuery
- Full UK driving license
- Joomla/WordPress experience