Insurance Company X _
Server Infrastructure & Hardware Procurement
Insurance Company X are a growing and successful insurance company with around 700 Staff based in Hampshire and Wiltshire across 5 sites. Being an insurance company they are effectively a 24x7 operation with downtime being a major issue for them.
Following some unplanned downtime in December 2015, we were contacted by them to assist with disaster recovery and to provide hardware and technical consultancy on recovering back to normal operation. Following a successful services recovery we were further engaged to consult upon, supply and deploy a complete refresh of the server infrastructure, alongside a network reconfiguration, the on-boarding of a new site and other tasks.
Liaising closely with the client over several months to determine their requirements and business demands we consulted upon a server solution that would meet their exacting requirements. This included producing a detailed deployment plan, a full schedule of costs, and a large amount of consultation to determine the correct product and technology set to meet with the demands of the business.
The eventual solution comprised of a 3 node High Availability VMware cluster utilising the latest in software based disk arrays in the form of VMWare vSAN deployment and migration of their existing physical and virtual server estate to the new physical environment. In addition, we are deploying a full monitoring suite to manage and monitor all network and server devices on the network. The whole deployment is to be conducted out of hours with zero business impact and is scheduled to take 150 – 200 man-hours.
- VMware vSAN
- Software Defined Storage
- Server 2003 to Server 2012R2 Migration
- Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2016 Migration
- XP to Windows 10 Migration
- Baystack and Nortel Switching
- MPLS setup
- Watchguard Firewalls, diagnosis, troubleshooting, management and maintenance.
- Site to Site VPN’s
- Draytek Enterprise equipment
- VMWare Consultancy and architecture
- vSAN architecture and design
- Networking consultancy and architecture
- Project Management
- Windows Server Consultancy
- Hardware and Software consultancy and supply
- Microsoft Exchange Consultancy
- Disaster Recovery response
- Licensing consultancy